THE PENINSULAS EMS COUNCIL, INC.
POLICIES REGARDING CONSOLIDATED EMS TESTING
The Peninsulas EMS Council has the responsibility to register and coordinate the EMS testing within the region. This is done under the guidelines set forth by the Virginia Office of EMS. At each test site are one or two OEMS Test Administrators. They act as the on site authority for OEMS concerning all EMS Testing matters.
Registration Required for All Test Sites
- The deadline to register for a consolidated test site is two (2) weeks in advance of the date of the test. Any requests for site registration after that date cannot be honored.
- Candidates arriving at a consolidated test without registering will not be allowed to test.
Testing Begins Promptly at 6:00 PM
- Plan to arrive half an hour before the scheduled test time to check in and be seated. Doors will be closed as the test begins promptly at the designated time.
Consolidated Test Site Fees
- Initial Examination: $50.00
- Practical Examination Retest: $25.00
- Written Examination: No Charge
Registration Fees must reach the PEMS Office no later than two (2) weeks prior to selected test date!
Test Site Entrance Requirements
- A Government Approved Photo ID
- PEMS Council Registration Confirmation Letter
- VA OEMS Letter of Eligibility (Click Here for List of CTS Paperwork Requirements )
- A Parental Permission Form (If Certification Candidate was less than 18 years of age on the beginning date of a BLS program)
Entrance into the Exam Site will not be granted unless all three documents are present at the Test site!
Test Site Rules
- Candidates are NOT permitted to bring any electronic devies onto the premises.
- The use of alcohol or illicit drugs during the testing process is prohibited
- Reproducing any portion of the certification examination, selling, distribution or having unauthorized possession of any portion of a certification examination is prohibited.
- Communicating and/or receiving unauthorized assistance or answers to the certification exam is prohibited.
- Discussions of the station scenarios is prohibited.
- Willfully taking a certification examination for someone else is prohibited.
- Use of abusive language, profanity or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated at the test site.
Testing is the first step to professional credentialing- please dress accordingly. (i.e. uniforms or business casual- slacks and collared or casual shirts)
Any appropiate enforcement action as defined by 12VAC-5-31, the EMS Regulations shall be taken as necessary by OEMS staff.
Phone: (804) 693-6234