Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue is accepting applications for a Paid Staff Coordinator until June 20, 2013:
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The Paid Staff Coordinator will be responsible for the day-to-day supervision of the EMS paid staff and for organizing, planning, coordinating, directing, and evaluating the efforts of the Paid Staff. He or she is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing the policies, plans, and programs necessary to achieve the stated goals and objectives of Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue, Inc.
The individual is responsible to Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue, Inc. (AVFR) Board of Directors, reporting directly to the Assistant Chief of EMS,
Reports to: Assistant Chief of EMS and Board of Directors
Supervises: All Paid Personnel
Works with: All internal and external customers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Respond to 911 calls as needed
2. Serve as a resource to EMS providers.
3. Supervise and evaluate all EMS Paid Staff personnel., including assisting with hiring process, discipline, and application of AVFR's standard operating procedures, Guidelines, Administrative Policies, and Chief's Orders.
4. Prepare the Paid Staff and Volunteer schedules for AVFR working with the Training Officers to accommodate precepting personnel and student ride-alongs.
5. Responsible for data collection and maintenance to include run sheet report accuracy.
6. Work with Assistant Chief of EMS to insure Quality Assurance for Paid Staff.
7. Assist in application of grants.
8. Perform Performance Improvement for AVFR as designated by the Assistant Chief of EMS.
9. Assist the EMS Assistant Chief with the administration and update an annual report for AVFR to be submitted to the President and Chief.
10. Attend meetings of the Board of Directors and/or Line Officer's as requested for updating status of personnel.
11. Assist as needed with precepting of medical personnel and drivers.
12. Perform other duties as required and as directed by the Assistant Chief of EMS.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
• Firehouse Software
• Peninsulas EMS Council Protocols
• Personnel management
• Computer software, include familiarity with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, etc.).
• Compose and organize reports and correspondence
• Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with volunteer and career EMS providers, hospital administrative personnel and government officials
• Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Maintain clerical records
• Be available for a flexible work schedule that involves some nights and weekends.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Possess and maintain certification as a Virginia Paramedic or Intermediate.Five (5) years of experience as an EMS provider with a 911 response agency.Associate's degree with related experience and/or training in operational emergency medical services system. Must possess and maintain a valid Virginia driver's license with a good driving record and Emergency Vehicle Operator's certification.
Bachelor's degree in public health, health care administration, EMS managementCertification as a Nationally Registered Paramedic.
Qualified candidates may send resumes to
by June 20, 2013.
Abingdon Volunteer Fire and Rescue, Inc. (AVFR) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, AVFR will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with employer.